5 Free or Low Cost Things to Do in the Smoky MountainsMarch 7, 2017
This year, why not explore the many things to do in the Smoky Mountains when you are planning your vacation? A vacation in a Smoky Mountain cabin rental allows you to enjoy natural adventures in a beautiful area of the United States. You’ll experience plenty of nightlife and exciting amusement parks, and a relaxing home base with luxurious, modern amenities away from the bustle of the city. Here are five things to do in the Smoky Mountains that are convenient for your budget and fun for your whole family.
Explore the Outdoor Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- The Smoky Mountains are filled with natural park land that is free to explore. Go hiking, try a guided scavenger hunt hike, go bird watching, and more, completely free. All you need is a good pair of shoes, hydration, and a sense of adventure! With a small budget, you could also go horseback riding, zip lining, or more.
- Cades Cove Loop is a popular free attraction that allows visitors to see a variety of natural wildlife, as well as many historical buildings, in the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg areas. Check out the Sevierville Historic Walking Trail for another free outdoor activity.
Check Out the Exciting Attractions in the Area
- The Smoky Mountains are home to many small towns that are filled with fun things to do on a budget. Watch taffy being made in downtown Gatlinburg, or go to the Old Mill Candy Kitchen in Pigeon Forge to see fresh fudge being made. Explore the arts and crafts loop in Gatlinburg for even more up-close views of artisans at work.
- Make a purchase at Three Bears General Store in Pigeon Forge and present your receipt at the Rockin’ Raceway for a buy-one-get-one go-kart ride!
- Before and after the show times at the Dixie Stampede, you can visit the stars for free in their stables.
Make Smoky Mountains Cabins Your Home Base
Visiting the Smoky Mountains just wouldn’t be the same without waking up to an amazing view of the mountains’ natural beauty. You can enjoy a quiet getaway that is just minutes from all the fun things in the area when you choose to stay in a Smoky Mountains cabin rental, such as the Hemlock cabin. Perfect for couples enjoying a romantic getaway, this cabin offers a hot tub, a Jacuzzi tub, a gas grill, a wood fireplace, a stocked kitchen, and more.
You can relax after a day of fun around the mountains with a movie, or head back to your cabin to cook a meal in your own kitchen. This is a great way to expand your budget for more fun activities, and all you need to bring is your suitcase and your food!
Make the Smoky Mountains Your Vacation Go-To
Next time you want to get the most fun for your vacation dollars, make the Smoky Mountains your go-to getaway! Remember that Timberwinds Log Cabins offers private cabin rentals near the heart of the action!